Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Can't Hear You

Today's Power of a Praying Woman desktop calendar reads: “You don't have to live with confusion or mental oppression. Instead you can have clarity and knowledge. Even though your enemy tries to convince you that your future is as hopeless as his, or that you are a failure with no purpose, value, gifts, or abilities, God says exactly the opposite. Believe God and don't listen to anything else.”

I smiled when I read "Believe God and don't listen to anything else." I smiled because I had this picture in my mind of a little girl getting teased who has put her fingers in her ears and repeats "I can't hear you. I can't hear. I can't hear you"

There are many thoughts we hear inside our mind every day. These thoughts, or voices, can range from mild self-dissatisfaction to severe self-hatred and self-condemnation that can produce depression and suicidal thoughts. Regardless of how subtle or how obvious the messages, their intent is to convince us we “are a failure with no purpose, value, gifts, or abilities.”

Let's learn to effectively ignore all the voices that tell us we can't do this or that or we're not this or that. And if we have to, let's stick our fingers in our ears and repeat, “I can't hear you. I can't hear you. I can't hear you.”

2 comments:

xx said...

Thank you. I really needed this encouragement this morning. Some scriptures to support perhaps?

Diana said...

Love the word picture!!