Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jesus Had to Trust God

Jesus knows what it is like to have to trust God. Today is Saturday, the day after Jesus was crucified on a cross and died. His followers buried his body in a tomb that had never been used before. And today, his body still lies dead in that tomb. There is absolutely no life and no power in it. Jesus is unable to do anything.

As I ponder the Passion and Resurrection of Jesus this year, I realize I have missed something. I’ve missed the day in between the Passion and the Resurrection. All these years, I have missed what this day can tell us. This day speaks to us about the trust Jesus had in His Father. Jesus trusted His Father to not leave Him in that grave. Jesus said, “I’ll die for the sins of all mankind. And I will trust You, Father, to not leave me dead in that grave. I will trust You to give me life and raise me from the dead.” Jesus had to trust God.

No comments: